A list of petty annoyances, to save me simmering on them.
- The patronising demeanour of all estate agents, ever. I’m not a moron, I worked in construction, and I know what to look for in a potential flat. I do so wish they would quit bullshitting me.
- Being a gay heterosexual, apparently.
- Pretending to be annoyed by the previous item, when I’m really all “aw, my girlfriend is writing about me.”
- The RichieRich jerks who use our pebble driveway to take their multiple cars and motorbikes out. Apart from the noise, the rattling of the pebbles scares all three cats, and I hate to see my babies scared.
- The whole prospect of moving: financial outlay, checklist making, throwing stuff out and packing what I can’t part with.
- Waiting. I want to just move NOW and no hang around for weeks.
- Being really hungry, despite a bowl of Weetabix, and having nothing else in except for more sodding pasta.
- Having to wear make-up because my skin is all blech and not fit for the outside world without serious covering up.
- The next few weeks of serious Arabic revision. It makes my head hurt, dammit.
So here’s a cute picture of our cat, Orlando. It cheers me up all the time. I think G is right, I can’t go too long without mentioning at least one of them!