Since Finn was nice enough to tag me, I thought it about time that I finally did that 10 Weird Facts About Me meme, since it affords a quick and easy peek into the dark mess that is my psyche.
So, without further ado:
- I can’t abide anyone putting something made of wool in their mouth. From pulling gloves off with lips to the cats chewing on a scarf, the saliva + wool combination actually makes me shiver. I honestly think I could kill a person just to get them to stop
- The buttons/ties/poppers on the duvet cover must, must, must always be at the bottom of the bed. I believe I’ve actually been able to sense when the duvet has moved while I sleep and woken up in a panic to rectify it. Not to mention tipping people out of bed to sort out the duvet before I’ll join them.
- I have a million different football superstitions, my latest is that I can only watch Liverpool on the living room television because if I watch in the bedroom or go to the pub, they lose or draw. The living room seems to guarantee a win, so I’m not messing with it.
- My happiest time is the middle of the night, dancing around in my jammies with headphones on.
- I secretly want to be 90s TV character Murphy Brown, even though I have zero journalistic skills.
- When I get on the tube, I’ll only sit on the opposite side to the door I got on at. I’ll stand otherwise (unless my legs are actually falling off)
- I am unmoved by all documentaries and charity appeals, unless they are for animals in need in which case I dissolve into a hysterical wreck and need trauma counselling. I seriously can’t control this!
- I have about five different accents, depending who I’m talking to.
- I really, really hate South African accents. I’ve tried to get past it, I have nothing against the country or its people, but despite meeting many lovely South Africans the accent remains like a tinfoil on a filling to me
- I sleep better for having sung before I sleep. I mean full-blown musical scores sung out of tune singing, until my voice gives out or K puts a pillow over my face. You see why working nights is such a wonderful career move?